Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"I wont let you sacrifice yourself"



"I won’t let you sacrifice yourself"
That’s what was said…
"What do you mean?" I ask
It is explained….

As a child you were taught to give ALL of you away …. You HAD to give … PUNISHED if you didn’t extract EVERYTHING and hand it over…
when that was gone….
You were EXPECTED to …
extract more....

Stop!
“You don’t have to do that anymore “
Breathe in deeply… take it in…

Stop!
“I won’t let you sacrifice yourself”
Breathe in deeply…. Feel it…

I am seen
Someone sees me
My soul was acknowledged in that moment…
It hurt….
I cried….
I sobbed….
Like taking my first breath of air as an infant

In that moment…. I was born…….Again
Thank You BH

I say
" Dont let anyone sacrifice you ... You are valued"
Stop... Breathe it in... Feel it

2 comments:

  1. I can really relate to this - it's such a hard, yet important lesson to learn. The concept of *not* sacrificing everything of myself is alien to me but I'm learning that it's so important to re-wire that way of thinking. Thanks for this post! PH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Puzzled Hat First thank you for reading my post... I agree that it is a difficult concept to embrace "not " sacrificing ones self. Thats how I was programmed as a child. But I can tell you.. once you breath in the concept... even just a little bit of the concept it feels so good. I wish you love and self love thru your journey.

    ReplyDelete