Monday, August 29, 2011

IN-TO-ME-TO-SEE



True intimacy begins with the use of “I “statements:

I feel…
I need…
I am…
I want…
I like…
I don’t like…
I can’t stand…
I love…

But that’s just one part of true intimacy…
The other part is what follows the “I “statement…
........raw honesty
The last part is how it’s received by the one who its shared with…
.........listening without judgment in a safe comforting and loving space
True intimacy is normally difficult…
........it is even harder for survivors
Intimacy is just that …sharing to let someone IN-TO-ME-TO-SEE
What has helped you to let someone in to see you?

3 comments:

  1. I had to learn to trust me before I could trust others just as I had to learn to love me before I could love others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Patricia....had to love myself first....had to not be so needy. Once I started taking care of myself and learning to ask for what I needed....and learning how to use I statements (I really like that about this post!) I was more fulfilled and relaxed. I was able to open up. It's like if you are tense, your fists clenches and you can't hold on to anything. You relax and the hand opens....and another person can put their hand in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Patricia and Veronica,
    I thank you both for sharing and caring enough to share your thoughts and experiences with me on my blog.

    It is wonderful to have people hear you and know that you are not alone in your walk to continue on this journey.

    ReplyDelete